Blog

3 Common Fitness Myths, or are They Facts?

3 Common Fitness Myths, or are They Facts?

There is so much information out there on the 'best way' to exercise. Hundreds of fitness chains claim that their unique exercise technique burns the most calories and builds the most muscle thereby making their program the most effective way to workout! Thousands of...

Long Live the Recipe Book!

Long Live the Recipe Book!

School is either back, or almost back in full swing and things around your house have probably gotten a lot busier! This is no reason to put healthy weeknight dinners on hold. Follow these steps right now, to build your unique easily accessible, recipe book filled...

Why I Love Growing my Own Veggies

Why I Love Growing my Own Veggies

I have talked about growing my own vegetables for a couple of years now. I just didn't get serious about it until COVID-19 hit. This global pandemic forced many us to stay around our homes more; making us slow down a little, and try some new hobbies. Vegetable growing...

3 Mistakes Most People Make After a Workout

3 Mistakes Most People Make After a Workout

Congrats - you just finished an awesome heart pounding workout and you feel great! And you should feel good about yourself for prioritizing exercise, fitness is important for so many reasons. But, working out isn’t the only thing that matters; what you do afterwards...

This Helps Push You More During a Workout!

This Helps Push You More During a Workout!

We've all experienced it. Those days when we absolutely don't feel like working out. When the minutes at the gym just crawl by, making an hour stretch out into what feels like eternity! When you're feeling this way, there's a very simple tool that will help keep you...

3 Common Nutrition Myths

3 Common Nutrition Myths

There is so much information out there on how to eat healthy. Thousands of blogs, books and videos have been created on the topic. To make things more confusing, many of the various 'healthy eating' styles contradict one another and nutritional advice seems like it's...

My 3 Favourite Vegetables and Why

My 3 Favourite Vegetables and Why

Anyone who knows me, knows I'm a huge fan of vegetables. I'm always trying to find ways to pack more veggies into every meal. I try to eat a ton of them because they are so beneficial to your health. I sometimes get asked what my absolute favourite vegetables are, and...

Can I Exercise While Fasting?

Can I Exercise While Fasting?

With regards to a 24 hour fast, I know from experience, you can still exercise while fasting, in a safe and effective manner. There are just a few tweaks I make to my fitness routine while fasting. When I exercise after a number of hours have passed since I've last...

Here’s How I Enjoy Pizza, and Still Lose Weight

Here’s How I Enjoy Pizza, and Still Lose Weight

Those of you who know me, know that I live by the 80/20 rule. I follow this rule when it comes to pretty much anything, but especially to how I eat. Following this rule means that 80% of the time I stick with my healthy eating habits. The other 20% of time I relax,...

So you Want to Learn More About Fasting

So you Want to Learn More About Fasting

A few of you have expressed interest in learning more about my experience with fasting. As I have noted before, I'm not a Nutritionist. I do have some good nutritional knowledge thanks to my Precision Nutrition Coaching Level 1 and 2 training and my constant personal...

3 Abdominal Exercises You May be Doing Wrong

3 Abdominal Exercises You May be Doing Wrong

You all know I'm a firm believer that regular exercise is a critical component to a healthy lifestyle. However, when I see someone performing an exercise with incorrect form or poor posture, I get nervous. Correct exercise form is critical to avoid injury and to...

Self-Care is Necessary for Your Health

Self-Care is Necessary for Your Health

During these stressful and unpredictable days, taking time to care for yourself, is crucial. Self-care is the time you spend on and for you. It is any activity that makes you feel happy, relaxed and whole; like you're living your best life, even our current...